Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom, BAFTA Award: London 11 April (Language) 74 On the first day of the British Academy of Film Aid Television Arts Awards ceremony, “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”, starring Viola Davis, won two awards in the technical category.
The annual award ceremony postponed in February due to the coronavirus global pandemic was made a two-day event by the first day of the BAFTA ceremony hosted by Clara Amfo, a well-known figure in British radio.
The ceremony was held online on Saturday in which the names of the winners for the eight categories were announced. The best costume design for “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”.
The annual award ceremony, postponed in February due to the coronavirus global epidemic, was converted into a two-day event.
The first day of the BAFTA ceremony was hosted by British radio celebrity Clara Amfo. The ceremony was held online on Saturday and the names of the winners for the eight categories were announced.
“Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom” won awards for best costume design and best makeup. David Fincher’s “The Monk” starring Gary Oldman won the award for Best Production Design while filmmaker Christopher Nolan‘s spy thriller film Tencent won the award for Best Visual Effects.
The “Sound of Metal” starring Riz Ahmed won the award for Best Sound while the Lucy Party received the Best Casting Trophy Rocks. Actor director and writer Noel Clarke was honored for his outstanding contribution to the world of cinema.
View this post on Instagram
74th British Academy Film Awards winners 2021 List –
- Best film – Nomadland
- Outstanding British Film – Promising Young Woman
- Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director, or Producer – His House – Remi Weekes (writer / director)
- Best Film Not in the English Language – Another round
- Best documentary – My Octopus Teacher
- Best Animated Film – Soul
- Best Director – Chloé Zhao, Nomadland
- Best Original Screenplay – Emerald Fennell, Promising Young Woman
- Best Adapted Screenplay – Christopher Hampton, Florian Zeller, The Father
- Best actress – Frances McDormand, Nomadland
- Best actor – Anthony Hopkins, The Father
- Best Supporting Actress – Yuh-jung Youn, Minari
- Best Supporting Actor – Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah
- Best Original Score – Jon Batiste, Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, Soul
- Best casting – Lucy Pardee, Rocks
- Best Cinematography – Joshua James Richards, Nomadland
- Best editing – Mikkel E.G. Nielsen, Sound of Metal
- Best Production Design – Donald Graham Burt, Jan Pascale, Mank
- Best Costume Design – Ann Roth, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
- Best Makeup and Hair – Matiki Anoff, Larry M. Cherry, Sergio Lopez-Rivera, Mia Neal, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
- Best sound – Jaime Baksht, Nicolas Becker, Phillip Bladh, Carlos Cortés, Michelle Couttolenc, Sound of Metal
- Best Special Visual Effects – Scott Fisher, Andrew Jackson, Andrew Lockley, Tenet
- Best British Short Animation – The Owl and the Pussycat
- Best British Short Film – The present