Charlene, Princess of Monaco: A palace source said Princess Charlene returned to Monaco on Monday after spending several months in her native South Africa, where she had surgery.
The Zimbabwean princess, 43, was taken to hospital in Durban, South Africa in September after complications from an ear, nose, and throat infection. According to a source at the time, the operation went “very well”.
She had already had surgery in August, but no details of the operation have been released. Lifestyle magazines across Europe have strongly speculated that the royal couple may be headed for divorce. READ| KBC 13 1 Crore Winner: Housewife Geeta Singh Gaur Won 1 C, In Kaun Banega Crore Pati
Princess Charlene has been in South Africa for much of this year, claiming she was forced to stay on medical grounds, although media suggest she is looking for a home there.
The former Olympic swimmer from South Africa married Prince Albert II in 2011 after making her first appearance with him at the 2006 Olympic Winter Games in Turin. READ| Video: Salman Khan’s anger broke out on the fan for forcefully taking a selfie
View this post on Instagram
Shortly after their wedding, rumors surfaced, denied by the royal palace, that Charlene had tried to run away the day before the wedding.
It has also been claimed that she agreed to the ceremony only after the prince agreed to a settlement of extreme divorce if she later decides that she eventually wants to leave. READ| Tejasswi Prakash Wayangankar Bro Pratik Missed Her- Says I Want To See Her Lift The Trophy
Her last public appearance with Albert was in Monaco in January. On August 25, she posted pictures on Instagram with her husband and children. Albert, 63, is the son of Prince Rainier III and Grace Kelly, an American film star who died in a car accident in 1982.